Associate, Investment Banking Practice
Are you passionate about making an impact on the global knowledge sector? Interested in working with companies, institutions, and investors across the K-12, postsecondary, and corporate learning markets?
With an exclusive focus on the education, media, and information markets, Tyton Partners works at the intersection of market and mission, helping a diverse group of entrepreneurs, investors and large strategic companies achieve their growth, strategy, and capital markets objectives.
Tyton Partners offers a unique opportunity for early-career professionals seeking growth and impact through its:
- Dedicated focus on the global education sector, where our work and insights impact both organizational missions and the broader market
- Exposure to market-leading companies, investors, C-level executives as well as high-potential emerging businesses
- Entrepreneurial, growth-oriented environment that will enable you to have a meaningful impact on firm culture, work on collaborative project teams, and benefit from an environment that accelerates your learning and development
Associates in Tyton Partners’ investment banking practice work as core members of deal teams to enable our clients to navigate the evolving education landscape and to identify where specific risks and growth opportunities are available. As an Associate, you will be actively involved in all phases of an engagement with a key focus on research, analysis and presentation development. You will support deal teams around research and analytical tasks and help produce market-based insights and strategic recommendations. This is an ideal position for a candidate seeking to have a career in strategic advisory/investment banking and build industry-specific knowledge while working in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
An Associate’s primary responsibilities include:
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analyses, including market research, competitor analysis, market sizing, data gathering, and financial analysis
- Synthesizing primary and secondary research and analysis and summarizing findings through creative and compelling PowerPoint presentations and research briefs
- Developing deal marketing presentations and narratives leveraging a combination of sales & marketing collateral, product overviews, and internal company investor materials
This position is based in NYC
- 3+ years of experience in consulting, investment banking, market research, or other analytical role preferred
- A high level of interest in the education sector
- An interest in being a creative problem-solver
- An ability to synthesize data to develop insights
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- An ability to take ownership of multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to work with diverse teams and foster an inclusive environment
- Be proficient with Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel