Analyst, Investment Banking Practice
Tyton Partners is the leading provider of investment banking and strategy consulting services to the global knowledge sector. With years of experience across the education sector, including evaluation of preK–12, postsecondary, corporate training, and lifelong learning markets, our team leverages its expertise to offer a spectrum of services to our clients:
- Tyton Partners’ investment banking practice offers services that include sell- and buy-side advisory, corporate divestures, valuation and fairness opinions, strategic partnerships and joint ventures, capital access, fund formation, and executive team and board advisement to private and public companies and leading investors.
- Tyton Partners’ consulting practice delivers strategic planning, growth strategy development, portfolio assessment, go-to-market strategy, business partnership strategy and execution, and due diligence and acquisition support to emerging and established education businesses, non-profit organizations, higher education institutions, foundations and other investors
Tyton Partners offers a unique opportunity for early-career professionals seeking growth and impact through its:
- Complementary investment banking and strategy consulting practices, which provide exposure to market-leading companies, investors, and organizations as well as high-potential emerging businesses and their investors
- Dedicated focus on the global knowledge sector, where our work and insights impact both the mission and market of education
- Entrepreneurial environment, with professional growth trajectory that yields opportunity for meaningful contribution to firm growth and culture
Tyton Partner’s Investment Banking practice is looking for an experienced investment banking Analyst to support senior bankers.
An Analyst's primary responsibilities include:
- Sell-side investment banking assignments which include writing memoranda, building financial models, identifying potential buyers, helping manage the M&A and due diligence process, and driving successful deals
- Buy-side investment banking assignments which include identifying acquisition candidates that fit the buyers' strategy, qualifying potential targets, building financial models, helping manage the M&A and due diligence process, and driving successful deals
- Superior analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing quality or accuracy
- Drive and energy to work hard and achieve success in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in team-based environment
- Solid understanding of economic, financial, and general business concepts and terminology
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint)
- Professional attitude, with a high-degree of flexibility, a client-service orientation and a sense of humor
- Self-starter who thrives in producing in a highly dynamic and evolving environment
- 1+ years of investment banking, with a significant focus on mergers and acquisitions and/or 2 years of accounting, with a significant focus on transaction services
- Experience in the education, media or software industry a plus but not a requirement
- Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university with minimum GPA of 3.5